Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Founders Week

1 Peter 3:15 (ESV)

but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,
Good morning Zebras,

Last week I didn’t write because I went to Founder’s Week at Moody Bible Institute with my daughter.  I tried to write the first Monday I was there but my computer “died” and I couldn’t get it restarted.  Later that day when it decided to try again, the document I had written had “disappeared.”  So I took it as a hint from God, that I was not to write.

Then when I got home I needed time to process what I had learned.  Founder’s Week is like a BIG thing and I didn’t fully realize how big it was until I got there.  I find I have difficulty hearing God when things are big.  So I needed to stop and reflect on what I had heard and internalize those lessons that were intended for me.

To be honest I am still processing.  There were thirteen speakers with thirteen different messages and thirteen different styles but one main message: We as Christians have the hope that the world needs and we need to be ready to tell people about it. It was definitely a call to arms.

I wish I could encapsulate what they said, but I can’t and I don’t think I’m supposed to, because what God said to me may or may not be what God would’ve said to you, plus they say it so much better.

So if you have some free time today check it out.  All the sessions are available free on YouTube, listed under “Founder’s Week 2012.”  Ones I really enjoyed were: James Meeks, Jill Briscoe, and Erwin Lutzer.  But I learned something from all of them.
Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment