Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday I went through my Bible page by page, reading all the notes I have written over the years.

I didn’t used to write in my Bible, it is a long story which many of you might already know, involving a stranger telling me I had a disobedient spirit because I refused to mark in my Bible even when I was directed to do so by someone who had authority over me.  A remark that changed the course of my life. 

Six months later I was at Mt Hermon praying and preparing for the “Be Still” retreat, the first retreat that God had allowed me write, and I knew the last thing I wanted was a disobedient spirit so I went to the bookstore and purchased a Bible marking pen, went back to my room and carefully highlighted a single verse.

Seven years later my Bible isn’t a book it is a testimony to my life with God. All the prayers for all the events and all the promises God made to me on this journey.  And I realized I could say with Job: “Though he slay me, I will hope in him.”  Not because He granted every request but because He didn’t.

When you love someone you always hope that they will do the “right” thing even when they prove you wrong.  And when you love God, you still believe He is good, loving and kind and that He will answer your prayers “correctly” even if His answers in the past were painful. 

Paul wrote: “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. “

And I yesterday I realized that it is life itself that most often separtes us from God, not because He quits loving us and turns away, but because we get beaten down by life and quit loving Him.

Read this definition of love and see if it matches the way you feel about God. 

1 Corinthians 13:4–7 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

I love you Zebras, so much, God loves you more, and nothing that happens in life changes that.


Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment