Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Not Alone


Joshua 1:9 (NIV84)  

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Good morning Zebras,

I’m sorry I haven’t written, but God had me focused on three events here in my local area and preparing for them was all-consuming.  The last one was Sunday and although I sailed through Monday just fine, Tuesday found me down in the dumps and discouraged.

Finally, when I couldn’t take anymore I fled to my room to spend some alone time with God.  As I was lying upon my bed doing my best Elijah impersonation God showed me how silly I was being.    

“I think you are being a bit dramatic.  Nobody is trying to kill you.  You sound like Elijah sitting there wishing you could die because you have had enough.  Do you want me to pick someone else for this job?”

“Well…no.” 

 “Then get up!”

So I did. I “got up” and opened my Bible.    

Later when I went downstairs and turned on the computer I found a message from a fellow Zebra sister requesting prayer because she was battling a case of sadness too. And God told me it was time for me to get back to work encouraging His women.

So this morning I did a little research on discouraged. 

One of the definitions of discouraged is “to feel alone.”  And isn’t that so true. Even if there are people around us when we are discouraged we still feel all alone.  We think no one really understands what we are going through and even though they love us they can’t really do anything to help.

But that’s not true. They can pray for us, point us towards God, and remind us that we are not really alone.  And sometimes that is all we need.

I love you little Zebras and I hope you will join me in praying that we all may know the hope to which we have been called, the richness of God’s grace, and the incomparably great power that lives in all of us who believe.

Love,

Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment