Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Raindrops


Job 5:18 (NIV84)
For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal.

Good morning Zebras,
Yesterday I was sad.  It doesn’t really matter why, and I am fine today, but I spent most of the day yesterday crying.

In an effort to get myself under control, I ran some errands.  While I was out I saw two people who had way more reason to cry than me.  One of them had been disfigured in a fire and although they no longer had any fingers on their hand they were running a cash register and doing their job.
My mom used to say “I thought I had it bad because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet.”   And although it flashed through my mind, I no longer think the best way to cheer myself up is to find someone who has it worse.

Instead I need to grieve and refocus. 
Nothing happens to us that our loving sovereign God does not allow and although it may not make sense to us, it makes sense to Him If we can trust Him enough to give Him back our pain and disappointment He can carry us through.

For those of you going through a sad time, God knows your heart is broken and He is right there with you.  Let Him help you through.

Love,
Jill

Enjoy.  This is a great song.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment