Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Walk With God

Matthew 10:29–31 (NIV84)
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday I was struck by Oswald Chambers’s entry in My Utmost for His Highest. He reminded us that God is always in complete control and that He has looked down through time and ordained each and every moment to be just as it is. 

The sovereignty of God is such an awesome thought, too big really for us to fully understand, but one that is wonderful to thinking about none the less. Nothing magnifies God more than acknowledging that He knows everything and controls everything. With that thought rolling around in my head, I went out to walk the dogs.

Now normally when I walk the dogs, I give them my full attention. They are rather little and easily distracted so I focus on keeping their leashes untangled and looking ahead for dangers. I pick them up if there is something scary. I take off anything that gets stuck to their paws and of course pick up their poo. 

Yesterday I was distracted. 

I was texting a friend about a lunch meeting and I was giving the dogs only half of my attention, needless to say, it didn’t go smoothly. They got tangled, lunged after other dogs and I ran out of poo bags. 

But because I was thinking about the sovereignty of God, rather than getting upset, I was immediately grateful that God does not take me on the “walk of life” without paying full attention to what is going on.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment