Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, October 14, 2011

Wearing Jesus

Colossians 3:12 (NIV)


Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Good evening Zebras,

My husband told me this morning that today is Dress Like Steve Jobs Day. Obviously this is not something I am going to participate in. But laughingly I told him if there was ever a Dress Like Jesus Day he could count me in.


Of course, that is when God reminded me that every day is a dress like Jesus day.


Those of us who claim Christ as Savior are supposed to clothe ourselves with the nature and character of Jesus so that we can represent Him accurately to the world.


But do we?


So today, just for fun, I decided I would watch for people dressed like Steve Jobs, wearing a black mock turtle neck and jeans. And I would watch for people dressed like Jesus wearing kindness, compassion humility and patience.


After working at home all day I went to Office Max this afternoon to run some copies.

I was the only one there at first, which was good, but because I had so many copies to make. But soon a line began to form behind me. I knew I was taking too long and that like a slow truck going up a mountain, I should “pull over” and let people pass. But I didn’t. I couldn’t. I NEEDED to finish.


So I did what any guilt-ridden Christian would do…I acted like I didn’t see them.

When I was finally finished, three hundred copies later, I apologized for taking so long and a gentleman in the back of the line said. “No problem, are you sure you are done? Because if you aren’t you can cut in front of me.”


What??! I had just made him wait fifteen minutes and he was going to let me cut in front of him again? Who was this guy?


Turns out he was a Christian. A Christian named David who was wearing Jesus.


So David, if you are reading this. Thank you. Thank you for dressing like Jesus today and showing kindness to a stranger who was hogging the copy machine.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment