Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Be Brave

Joshua 1:9 (NIV84)

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Good morning Zebras,

Last week when I was feeling “frightened,” I took myself to Joshua Chapter 1.  There’s something so encouraging about reading God tell Joshua to be brave and courageous over and over again.
I mean if Joshua needed reassurance it would only be natural that I would too.

But this time I noticed something I hadn’t really seen before.  In verses 6, 7, and 9, God tells Joshua to be brave and courageous, to go out boldly because He (God) will be with him.   But in verse18, after pledging their loyalty to Joshua and promising to fully obey him as they obeyed Moses, it’s the Israelites, not God, who tell him to “be strong and courageous”
And that got me to thinking.

Christians need to be brave and courageous not just because God tells us to, but because other Christians need us to be.  We all need to see people who are willing to follow God whole heartedly because it encourages us to do the same.
But it doesn’t stop there.

I think the world needs Christians to be brave also.  They need us to live up to the hope we profess to have.  They need to see us keep our head when everyone else is fathering because they need to see the power of God and they need to see it in us.
The world can be a dark place, but rather than sitting around and cursing the darkness Christians are called to turn on the light.

I love you little Zebras, and I pray today, wherever you may be, your life offers a little light to someone who really needs it.
Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment