Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, October 30, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I had reason this morning to think of what my children would say about me at my funeral. (and no, I’m not sick.)  Would they be able to say with complete confidence “My mom is home with Jesus?”  Would my life, and not just my words, have testified to my faith in God?

When they were little I bought them a book to reassure them that if I died, I would go to heaven because of my faith in Jesus Christ. Now I hope they wouldn’t need it.

When we die it is a comfort to those we leave behind that we are home with Jesus and that someday they will see us again, but if our life has called that hope into question, it is so much harder to let them go.

I love you Zebras, for the sake of those around you live out the faith that you profess, because empty words are not near as comforting as a life transformed by the power of God.

Oswald today was on faith: “The life of faith says, “Lord, You have said it, it appears to be irrational, but I’m going to step out boldly trusting in Your Word” and he cited this verse as an example of irrational faith: Matthew 6:33: “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

This prayer by Betty Stam, a martyred missionary, and then copied by Elizabeth Elliott, wife of Jim Elliott, is the perfect example of what it looks like to seek God first.

“Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life.  I give myself, my life, my all utterly to Thee to be Thine, forever.  Fill me and seal me with The Holy Spirit.  Use me as Thout wilt, work out Thy whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever” Amen

Faith in God is not a bunch of words, it is a life lived differently.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment