Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, February 11, 2013

Three Men

Luke 23:39–43 (NIV84)

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Christ? Save yourself and us!” But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence?  We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”  Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”
Good morning Zebras,

Three men hung together on those crosses.

The criminal who mocked Jesus, Jesus himself and the criminal who realized who Jesus was and asked to be remembered when he came into His kingdom.
One died and went to eternal damnation, one died and rose again enabling us all to go to heaven and one died and went to heaven.

Two lived their lives however they wanted and one lived their life in obedience to his father.

One illustrates the lost, one illustrates free grace, and one illustrates what it really means to be a Christian. 

Which one are you following?

Forgive me Dear Father for too often following the cross of free grace, for choosing to ignore what You have asked me to do and counting on the fact that You love me and are going to “let me in anyway.”  Forgive me that my life does not always represent the obedience a child of Yours should have. Thank You for indwelling me with Your Spirit which enables me to say no to those things I know I should not do and yes to those things I know I should.  Forgive me for quenching it. 

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment