Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Walking Ahead

James 4:13–15 (NIV84)

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

Good morning Zebras,

It is my habit to get up in the morning and do my quiet time after which I make a list of the things that I feel God wants me to get accomplished that day.   The list is filled with the tasks I need to get accomplished that day and although most of them change from day to day there are a few that I write down every day one of which is “walk the dogs.”
Recently I have gotten in the habit of starting the list the night before, heck I knew I needed to walk the dogs so what is the harm in writing it down beforehand?  I didn’t need to ask God about something as simple as that.

Then yesterday I woke up to an injured Josh and I wasn’t able to do the one thing that was already on my list to do.  So this morning, as I was looking at yesterday’s unfinished task, I felt God prompt me with today’s verse.
Obviously there is no harm in planning ahead, but none of us knows what tomorrow will bring and it is easy, when everything is going smoothly, to start running on ahead of God doing the same things over and over again without stopping to ask Him if that is what we are really supposed to do.  We make our own plans based on past experiences and accidently leave God out of the mix.

So this morning I am back to writing out my “to do list,” after I have consulted God.  
Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment