Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Under Repair

Daniel 2:21–22 (ESV)
He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding; he reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him.

Good morning Zebras,

I’ve got a friend who bought a mobile home she knew was a “fixer-upper,” but it has turned out to be a little more than she or her husband had bargained for. Everything they do seems to reveal something else that needs to be done.  But she never complains, in fact her prayer is that God will bring to light everything that is wrong so they can fix it.

Since this is currently her life prayer, it is not a surprise that God would use her to uncover a “dark and hidden thing” in my own life.

Tuesday, as planned, I headed off to the school district office to resign and although I KNEW it was what I was supposed to do, I still was a little nervous. I didn’t want to do something that made me look foolish and I didn’t want to do something that was “crazy.”

I really wanted to talk to someone before I went, but it seemed rather wimpy.

But God was gracious and my friend came out of her house just as I was driving by.

After I shared with her my concerns and she reassured me that I was doing the right thing she prayed for me.  Part of her prayer included a request that God would reveal whatever it was inside of me that made me afraid of resigning.  Something in me was at war with my desire to obey God and she prayed God would bring it to light.

Later that day God answered her prayer. Not only did He show me what it was, He fixed it.

I think we all have things inside that no one really knows about, things that happened in the past, things that we may or may not even think about anymore.  And those things, if left hidden can prevent us from being all that God would have us to be.  

Remember little Zebras God is not defined by our circumstances, past or present, He is defined by His Word and His Word says He is completely worthy of our trust.

iHisLove,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment