Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, August 22, 2011

Petty Heart

Good morning Zebras,

I have been having a rough morning this morning. I couldn’t get my mind focused on God because I was so frustrated about something someone did. What they did was wrong and I am really struggling with the fact that they got away with it.

I kept reciting verses from Psalm 37 in my head but it wasn’t helping.

Psalm 37:1-4
Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I mean I know I am not supposed to worry when evil men succeed, and I know that God will bless me and keep me if I delight in Him, but I still couldn’t shake the feeling of “not right.” What they did was “not right” and they need to be punished.

Then my friend Max posted this on his Facebook page.
"The deepest revelation of our character is what we choose to dwell on in thought”
(Dallas Willard)

And God showed me I had a choice. I could continue to dwell on what this person had done which would show that I had a petty, unforgiving heart or I could dwell on God, who is perfect and holy and in control.

I decided to refocus on God.

The truth of the matter is what someone else does really is no concern of mine. God has forgiven me much worse plus it is His job to deal with them. And deal with them He will, just as He will deal with me when I am out of line. My only responsibility is to make sure that I am behaving in a way that is pleasing to God.

And focusing on what others did wrong and hoping that something awful will happen to them is not exactly fulfilling Christ’s command to love others.

So have a great day little Zebras looking up at our Father and remember- no matter what is going on-God is still in control!

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment