Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Sunday, March 3, 2013

A New Beginning

Good morning Zebras,

I wanted to give you a quick update.
About twenty-some people showed up last night, so if you’d asked me last night if it had been a success I would’ve said no, but this morning I would say yes.  I was the one who wanted a big crowd, but that was pride.  The things God prompted me to pray for happened. 

I think it was a beginning of a new direction for the ministry-and like all beginnings it was a bit rough. I need to work on the message-but I don't feel convicted I said anything “wrong” I just didn’t say it quite “right.”
I am grateful to the people who showed up and I’m also grateful there weren’t more people there.  It was without a doubt one of the most difficult things I have done so far.  And I know it was possible only because of all of your prayers.

Ellen Marks, the worship leader, ended with a great gospel presentation.   She has such a wonderful tender heart for the lost, which comes across so beautifully when she shares the Gospel.  I think she was Barnabas to my Paul and made me realize I will always need a person like that to be part of the team. 
Anyway Zebras, thank you very much for the prayers.  Please, if God prompts, keep them coming because this doesn’t feel like the ending to the story, just the beginning of a new chapter.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment