Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, March 29, 2013

The Prayer of Moses


Exodus 33:12–17 (NIV84)

 Moses said to the Lord, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favor with me.’  If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.” The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.  How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?” And the Lord said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”

Good morning Zebras,

I keep thinking about the weekend and what made it so special.  And the answer is of course, God showed up in a big way.  But why did He show up?  I think the answer is that there were so many people there whose heart longed to see more of God.  Like Moses, their prayer was for God and God alone.

And it was wonderful.

So, I am feeling God prompting me to plan the first co-ed Zebra retreat: A Weekend with the Lord.  It will be a weekend for men and women eighteen and older who desire to have more of God’s presence in their life.  People who when they read today’s verses, their hearts say “Amen!” 

I am feeling it should be Jan 24-26, 2014, which right now feels along time away, but we all know God often makes us wait. And I think it is time to go back to Mt. Hermon.  That is where God confirmed this ministry was going to be my life and there seems to be a Biblical principal about returning to the place where you first heard God speak.

I am not sure exactly what the event will look like yet, but that seems to be the way God works with me.  He gives me the idea and then He fills in all the details as needed.

The reason I am telling you this is because I would greatly appreciate your prayers as I go forward.  First and foremost pray that if this is just an idea from Jill, God will shut it down.  Gently would be preferred, but if I’m stubborn…

And please pray that I know how many spots to reserve. Mt Hermon requires a deposit and a numerical commitment.   I have had a problem with numbers since the first Zebra retreat and although the person who is financing this is willing to reserve as many spots as I say I don’t want them to lose money because I heard God incorrectly, again.

After that, please just pray as God leads, because we all know that when God’s people pray great things happen.

I love you little Zebras, together let’s see what God is going to do.

Jill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment