Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, March 25, 2013

Show Me Your Glory


Exodus 33:18 (NIV84)
Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”

Good morning Zebras,
Thank you to everyone who prayed for the High Sierra Fellowship retreat this weekend in Tahoe.  I’m still processing all that happened.  My personal prayer for the event had been today’s verse that God would put us in the cleft of the rock and pass by in a spectacular way.  And he did.  I think many of us, including me, will never be the same.

Thank you to every woman who listened to the Lord and in obedience did what He asked them to do.  The unity of Spirit was incredible and it gave me great hope that God’s Spirit is alive and well and maybe revival is really on the way.
Although it is too hard to explain the weekend, I wanted to share two quick stories which will hopefully encourage those of you who were not able to be there.

For the last few months my bra has been driving me crazy.  I have gained a few pounds and it is too tight so it is causing some chafing.  I haven’t shared that with anyone, but God knew and He provided.  One of the gifts waiting for me in my room when I arrived on Friday was “Body Glide” the original anti-chafe balm.  And I had to laugh.
Then on Sunday during the last session I shared that after the first Zebra event at Mt. Hermon, I heard God say “Well done good and faithful servant.”  It was the first time I realized that “well done” wasn’t just for when you are dead. That God says “Well done” to His faithful servants all time and isn’t that all of our hearts’ desire to hear “well done good and faithful servant,” each and every time we do ministry?

When the session was over and everything had quieted down; my friend, Kim, came up and gave me a bag.  It contained a coffee mug, now I get a lot of zebra mugs so when I saw that it was a mug I thought I knew what it was, but I was wrong.  Instead of being a zebra mug it was a big blue mug with “Well done, good and faithful servant!…your faithful service is an offering to God.”  And I cried.

The weekend began with the Lord meeting my needs and ended the same way.
And here’s the really cool part, Kim had originally bought it for the mug exchange game on Friday night.  But God had impressed upon her she was not to put the mug in the exchange she was to give it to me, so at the last minute, she ran out and bought a second mug.   She had the mug with her all weekend, she could’ve given it to me at any time, but she waited to give it to me at the end, and that made it perfect.

So take heart little Zebras, stay strong, God loves you.  He knows what you need and He will provide, all we need to do is listen and obey because He may want to use you to provide for someone else.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment