Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Good morning Zebras,

Thank you for your prayers, yesterday was wonderful.

Today’s Oswald is about Isaiah.

Isaiah 6:8 “And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’ Then I said, ‘Here I am! Send me.’”

Sometimes God just needs us to go. 

That’s how I felt about this trip. I just needed to go; God was in charge of doing the miracle. I was only in charge of letting people know.   No man or woman can pray a miracle into existence, miracles are God’s domain, but when He whispers in your ear to go somewhere and pray for one, you need to go. 

People have God neatly in a box, whether they realize it or not - He is good for Sunday morning but not for everyday life.  But God will not be contained. He is alive and in charge of all things, and He has the right to impact every aspect of your life. 

God’s people should not hide their faith, they need to “nail their colors to the mast”. (This is a phrase taken from the days of sea battles, when the flags were nailed to the mast so that they could never be taken down and replaced with the white flag of surrender). So that even if it looks like we failed, we don’t have the option to deny God.  And I did that with this trip.  Not only did I post on Zebras, I also posted on my personal Facebook page.  My “crazy” is out there for everyone to see. 

I love God and I believe with my whole heart and soul that He could do a miracle that would not only obliterate the nuclear threat, but also free His people in North Korea.  And I’m not going to change my mind, or my prayers, just because it hasn’t happened yet- that wouldn’t be faith.  And it is faith, combined with our obedience, that pleases God. 

Hebrews 11:1–8 “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation…And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him…By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place…not knowing where he was going.”

I love you Zebras, I return to America this evening. 

Love,

Jill   

No comments:

Post a Comment