Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, January 19, 2018

I wrote the following letter before I left Korea. Originally, I was going to post it as soon as I landed but I didn’t want to be melodramatic, so I decided to wait and pray until someone inquired if I was okay.  (Somehow Michelle, I knew it would be you.)

In January 2010 after listening to me speak someone I greatly respected, said to me: “You’ve gone from teacher to prophet.”  I had no idea what they were talking about, but it was a sentiment that was repeated many times over the last seven years.

Teachers teach, but prophets are people sent by God to teach His Word and to call the church to repentance. Tozer says, “Prophets comfort the affected and affect the comfortable.”   But the thing about prophets is they can never be wrong. 

Good morning Zebras,

It is 10 a.m. Sunday January 14 here in Korea and in eight hours I will be boarding a plane for the ten-hour flight back to America. If God has not done the miracle He has had me praying for before I land, I will be taking a break from teaching His Word.   

Deuteronomy 18:20–22 “But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.”

I knew I was risking the ministry when I shared with you what God was having me do. I could have gone and returned without anyone ever knowing, but that isn’t what God told me to do.  And I would rather look like a fool for believing and obeying God, than look “wise” before men.

2 Samuel 6:14 “And David danced before the Lord with all his might. And David was wearing a linen ephod.”

If you have never done something scary and risked it all for God, then you don’t know what you are missing.

Matthew 14:28–29 “And Peter answered him, ‘Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.’ He said, ‘Come.’ So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus.”

I love you Zebras, I’m still praying for the miracle and when I see it, I’ll be back.

Jeremiah 28:9 “As for the prophet who prophesies peace, when the word of that prophet comes to pass, then it will be known that the Lord has truly sent the prophet.”

Until then, stay safe and follow God with your whole heart, mind, and soul; being willing to risk everything for the only One who deserves it. 

Much love,
Jill

P.S. While I wait two songs are keeping me company, “Live Like That” by Sidewalk Prophets and “What Faith an Do” by Kutless    Both can be heard on YouTube.  

No comments:

Post a Comment