Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, August 21, 2009

Running

Hi ladies,

Yesterday we had a women’s ministry meeting at the church. One of the ladies in the group is my friend Rovelyn and since she and I haven’t had any time together recently I was excited about seeing her. But you know how meetings are; they really aren’t for visiting, so I thought maybe I could ask her if she wanted to go for a walk after we were through.

As I was thinking about it, I realized that Rovelyn, who is in better shape than I am, would have to slow down so I could keep up with her. Like all the people I see around town lovingly walking their older dogs.

And then God spoke: “That’s what I am doing with you. We are walking slowly because that is all your comfortable with, but if you wanted we could run.”

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

I have never been a runner, but I like to watch things run, that’s probably one reason I loved huskies. They live to run and make it look so effortless. But they don’t run as well when they are weighed down with a sled.

Ladies, I am tired of pulling a sled. I want to run, fast.

If you want to run too, I encourage you to ask God what is holding you back, and resolve to obey. You might be surprised what's on it, I was.

Love,
Jill

One of our sweet zebra sisters sent me a beautiful and encouraging note this morning after reading this z-mail. I apologize if I gave the impression that I needed encouragement or that I was depressed,

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I am so excited because God has loved me so much that He has slowly walked along beside me all these years, loving me, teaching me, correcting me, guiding me, going at my pace, and yesterday He said “Are you tired of walking?” Do you want to run? You can! Just give up the sins and the hindrances and let’s go.”

And for the first time I really believed Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment