Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lessons from a Camel

Isaiah 53:5–6 (NIV)

But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by his wounds we are healed.  We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Good morning Zebras,

A few weeks ago I posted a picture of a zebra striped camel on the Facebook page.  Gary and I had been driving around doing some errands for his work when we saw this camel in someone’s driveway.

I didn’t want Gary to stop and take a picture but now I am glad he did because I keet thinking about it.

Just a few months ago a zebra painted camel would have inspired me to write about the false prophets in the world.  How we need to be careful who we believe because Jesus said there are wolves in sheep’s clothing who pretend to be Christians but aren’t.

But this time that isn’t what I thought at all.

Recently, I have had the privilege of meeting women from different churches and different cities and what I have been struck with is how little and yet how much we have in common.  We may look different and go to different churches, but our love for Jesus Christ gives us an instant bond.

In Ephesians, Paul writes there is one body, one Spirit, one Lord, one faith.  One and because of that, all of us who claim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are united.

I have more in common with a Christian sister from another church or country who is madly in love with Jesus and desires to live a life honoring to Him than I do with the lukewarm Christian I see every day. 

It is our passion for Christ that makes us Zebras.

And perhaps because this camel was in a very wealthy area where I was already feeling uncomfortable and out of place, the impact of seeing a zebra striped camel was intensified, I’m not sure the effect would have been the same had it been a cow or a pig, but since the camel is not an animal I associate with the United States, the other thought I had was that Christ came for all people, not just for people like me

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment