Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Last Dying Breath

Ephesians 6:12 (ESV)

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Good morning Zebras,

This morning during my quiet time I was reflecting upon the last few months and the spiritual battles I have been facing as I tried to obey God and “finish well” the tasks He had given me to do.

It seems like Satan has been constantly nipping at my heels trying to get me off track or discourage me. Like Paul I have found that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. So I retreated into God’s Word for strength. 

Every year for the last five years my daughter has had a murder mystery party for her birthday.  Each guest is assigned a character and a set of goals they need to accomplish to win the game.

There is no script and because not everyone can win, people goals often overlap.

 Because of that it is sometimes necessary to kill another player.  When that happens the dying character is given a “With Your Last Dying Breath” card which says: You may attempt one last heroic valiant action before your body falls lifelessly to the floor. 

 And I realized this morning that is what has been going on.

Jesus and Satan have conflicting goals and Satan knows Jesus has already won.

He knows that he is a defeated foe, he knows Jesus is going to return and toss him in to the lake of fire, he knows his time of causing havoc is eventually going to end and he is trying, with his last dying breath, to cause as much trouble as he can.

 It is our job not to let him.

It is our job not to give the devil a foothold into our lives by our actions or our thoughts, to practice self-control by taking every thought captive unto Christ, to use the Word of God as the offensive weapon it was designed to be, and to always remember and focus on the fact that He who lives in us is WAY stronger than he who lives in the world.

Love,
Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment