Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lost and Found

Matthew 16:24–25
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. "

Good morning Zebras,

A few weeks ago I lost my car keys.  I had given them to my daughter and she thought she had given them to her dad.  Nobody seemed to know where they had gone.

Normally, I would have gotten upset and started tearing around looking for them yelling at everyone who had been involved but I had just finished organizing, decorating, and cleaning up the Awana Grand Prix.  The night had been wonderful, God had been honored and my lost keys seemed so insignificant.

We looked around the church and in the car, but we had thrown out so much garbage I figured my keys had just gotten tossed out with the trash.  I counted them as lost and decided I would replace the important ones when I had time.

A week later my son walked into my office carrying my keys. 

And I heard God say “See, when you give things up I can give them back.”

Last night my son went to Scandia, a local arcade, with the youth group.  I had found a bag of tokens earlier in the week and it was one of the reasons I knew Nick was supposed to go.  God had given me the tokens and I knew Nick was supposed to go and share them with the other youth.

But when he came home he had more tokens then when he left.

When it was time to go the other kids saw that Nick had a bag and they gave him all their extra tokens. He laughingly returned them to me knowing he had failed at his task of giving them all away.

 We both agreed it is not possible to out give God.

Jesus told the disciples to give up their lives, to walk away from everything they knew, their families, their jobs, their homes, and follow Him. A radical teaching, but because they did He gave them a life that changed the world.

 Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment