Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, April 29, 2011

Glorious Uncertainty

1 John 3:2a (NIV)

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known.

Good morning Zebras,

Last night at Awana I was sad.  After fourteen years in this ministry I feel God is telling me step down.  I know it is the right thing to do but I feel like I have been “benched.”

This morning as I read My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers’ amazing devotional, God gave me a new perspective.

The entry is titled Gracious Uncertainty and it says in part:

To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, not knowing what tomorrow will bring.  This is generally expressed with a sight of sadness, but it should be an expression of breathless expectation.  We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God,

And I realized I had been looking at this all wrong. 

The fact that I am uncertain of the future is probably a good thing.  It means that I am releasing my hold on my life and giving it over to God.

After fourteen years of knowing exactly what I would be doing in September, starting up another Awana year, I now have to wait upon God to reveal something new.

Not many people like change.  We get comfortable in our routines and patterns and even if God has something better for us it is difficult to let go.  But we can’t get the new thing until we let go of the old.

I still have no idea what the future holds, none of us do, but we do know who holds the future.   And maybe that is even better.

1 Corinthians 2:9 says:
But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”

So have a wonderful day little Zebras joyfully waiting on God to reveal the wonders He has in store for you.

Love,
Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment