Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, April 21, 2011

One Thing

Luke 10:41–42 (ESV)

But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”

Good morning Zebras,

I love you and I pray that you are all doing well.

I have really been struggling lately with trying to decide what God wants me to do and what others want me to do.  And honestly I would be willing to do it all, but I can tell God doesn’t want me to because He is not giving me peace about it.  So I continue to pray.

Yesterday God brought a line from a song to mind.  “I can’t do what ten people tell me to do.”  I didn’t know what song the line came from so I looked it up on the internet.

It is from Otis Redding’s (Sitting’ On) The Dock of the Bay and the entire stanza is:
Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes

And I felt God say: “That’s the problem with trying to do what everyone is telling you to do.  Nothing gets done because you are totally overwhelmed and since you don’t have any time left to spend with Me you don’t change. If you want to do something that is a joy to do and has eternal significance you need to do what I am telling you to.”

Jesus told the people to do one thing:  To love the Lord with all their heart, mind and strength and then to love others as themselves.

He didn’t tell them they needed to be on ten committees, belong to five Bile studies, and two small groups.  He just told them they needed to love.

I think we have accidentally made our faith too complicated, and in doing so we have lost the most important thing, which is Christ.

The world doesn’t need another program, they have plenty of programs.  What they need is love, and so do we.

Have a wonderful day little Zebras because God loves you just as you are.  Pass it on.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment