Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ark Building

Genesis 7:5 (NIV84)
 And Noah did all that the LORD commanded him.

Good morning Zebras,

I feel like I “should” write but honestly I am still processing what happened at the We Have Hope event on August seventeenth and I’m not quite sure what I am supposed to say.

It has been a strange five years. I feel like I have been in a mandatory seminary with God, compelled to learn what He wanted me to learn, motivated and tested by the speaking events He put in my life.  God gave me a task to do and I have been compelled to finish it, and I do mean compelled.  Philippians says it is God who works in us, giving us the desire and the power to do what pleases him and I have found that to be true.  When God tells you to do something He makes sure you do it.

Zebras was never my idea it was always God’s.  I was busy having a normal life, teaching school, raising children, teaching women’s Bible study, working in Awana, when God interrupted it in 2008.   At the time my pastor said “It sounds like you have a calling on your life,” which I didn’t really understand, but I do now.   

I know we have free will, but when the Spirit compels you to do something, it sure doesn’t feel that way, if feels like you have to do it or die trying.  I’m sure that is how Paul felt when He wrote in Corinthians “when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!” 

And how Noah felt when he was working on the Ark. Noah was told by God to build the Ark.  My guess is it was more than a suggestion. My guess is Noah was compelled and all the jeering and laughing in the world was never going to be louder than the voice of God telling him to keep going.  Only a person compelled by God could continue working when the world said he was a fool.

On the seventeenth, I metaphorically finished my Ark. It is the first event where I did all God wanted me to do and said everything God wanted me to say. Afterwards I was overwhelmed with a sense of having finally finished my task. Hopefully that doesn’t mean the work is done, hopefully it means it’s just beginning. Noah built the ark. God brought the animals and the rain. Noah was done, God was just getting started.

Maybe it’s when we are finally at the end of what is possible for us to do, that God steps in and does the impossible.

I love you little zebras, thank you for all the prayers and support.  I am intermittently excited to see what is next.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment