Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, September 26, 2013

For His Honor and Glory

Isaiah 42:8 (ESV)
I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.

Good morning Zebras,

I love you. 

Many years ago God did a miracle for me.  People noticed and when they asked me about it I told them God had done it.  But there was one lady who just kept pushing for a different answer.  She didn’t believe in God and she wanted to know by what human means I’d accomplished it.  I finally broke down and told her. Then she was satisfied.  It wasn’t a miracle from God it was just the outcome of man’s efforts.

After that the miracle went away but it wasn’t until now that I figured out why

People always want to know how to accomplish what they see you doing.  They want a worldly explanation for what they see.  But the truth is, it is not what we do that causes the miracles, it is what God does and all of us need to be on guard that we do not give God’s glory to anything here on earth. 

If God has done a miracle in your life and He has used some earthly means to accomplish it please don’t give away His glory.  The world is more than willing to believe in the power of doctors and the wisdom of men, but what they really need to see is the power and wisdom of God.  But that isn’t going to happen if the Christians keep giving the credit away.

I love you little Zebras, I pray God does many miracles in your life all for His honor and glory.

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment