Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Ministry of Encouragement

1 Corinthians 14:3–4 (ESV)  
On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation.  The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church.

Good morning Zebras,

I am so excited about what God is letting me do.  After years of narrowing my field of ministry to sitting at His feet and speaking He is finally allowing me to go and serve in the ministries at my local church.  Only a person who has been prevented from working in ministry can really appreciate what a privilege it is to serve God.

Years ago people told me that I had changed from a Bible teacher to a prophet, which felt as weird as it sounds.  Prophets are old dead guys who run around predicting the coming judgment of God.  They are really not anyone you want to be.  But prophets are also the encouragers.  They speak to people to encourage them and build them up. 

After five years of learning, learning, learning, I finally feel equipped to go and do what God has gifted me to do-encourage, starting at my home church with the people who have the vision for youth, Awana, women’s ministry and community outreach.

I know from personal experience how encouraging it is to have someone come alongside and say “I believe in your vision and I would like to help you do what God is telling you to do.”  I am thrilled I finally get the chance to do that for someone else.

God’s church needs encouragement and I am so excited that is the ministry God has given me to do.

Have a great Sunday little zebras loving and encouraging others.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment