Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Every time I take a shower I squeegee the shower walls to keep the hard water deposits and soap scum from building up and ruining the glass.  Every morning I think, “There has to be a God lesson in this.”

The obvious lesson is that we need keep our heart as clean as I keep the shower walls, constantly presenting our hearts to the Lord. 

Psalm 51:10: “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.”   

Maintaining as Paul often said, “a clear conscious before God.”

Acts 24:16: “So I always take pains to have a clear conscience toward both God and man.”

Yesterday I read this in the introduction to the book of Judges.

“Judges is a book about sin and its consequences.  Like a minor cut or abrasion that becomes infected when left untreated, sin grows and poisons the whole body…The first step away from God was (is) incomplete obedience.”

Disobedience is our first step away from God.  And the result is a gradual deterioration in our relationship with God.  But like the frog in the warm water we often don’t notice until the situation gets intolerable.  At which point we throw ourselves before God and beg for forgiveness. 

We could save ourselves so much grief if we would just choose to obey.

I love you Zebras, so much. Sometimes I feel like I say the same things over and over again but truth never changes and incomplete obedience is just disobedience with a different name.

It takes discipline to stop and squeegee a shower every time you use it but I do it because I value my shower. It takes discipline to stop and daily spend time with God, to listen with an open heart and a desire to obey. But we do it because it shows we value God.   

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment