Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, May 8, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Interesting how small things make a difference.

On the second day in Korea I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a clock ticking away the seconds.  Maybe it was because I was jet lagged, or maybe it was because I was in a country that is concerned about being attacked by their neighbor but the sounds of the seconds ticking away as millions died without the full truth of the gospel confirmed the urgency God has placed within me to get the message out.

We love the faithfulness of God.  But it is a two-edged sword.  He is faithful to do all the good He has promised, but just as faithful to do all the “bad.”

Those who die without Christ are facing an eternity without God and those who claim to have salvation but chose to live in a way that denies His existent are in for an unpleasant surprise.

There is no half way with God.  There never has been and there never will be. 

The first retreat I did I dressed up as Moses and memorized Deuteronomy 30:11-20, I would encourage you to read it for yourself.   It is Moses’ address to the people where he tells them to choose.  He puts before them life or death and urges them to choose life, to follow after God whole heartedly and not turn away to worship other gods.

Of course, most of the Israelites turned away and God was faithful to bring about the destruction He promised. Make no mistake we are the Israelites. 

Jesus’ last message to His people is not the great commission it is the book of Revelation. 

The last Precept study I taught was Revelation and after we did the first three chapters I felt God tell me I could step out so I did, right in the middle of the study.  God told me it didn’t matter whether I understood the rest of the book or not it only mattered that I understood and took to heart the first three chapters.

They are Jesus’ last address to His people, the church, and He is telling them to choose between following Him whole heartedly or turning away to worship other gods.

God’s people are not lukewarm, they are filled with the love of God, zealous for the complete truth, unwilling to compromise and doing work empowered by the Spirit.

If that does not describe you then somewhere in your life you have compromised and chosen something other than God. But the good news is, there is still time to repent.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment