Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

This is going to be the last post for a while.  In two hours, I leave for South Korea to see Katherine and I’m not taking my computer.

This is my third visit and I only go when I feel God tells me to.  Usually He only tells me, but this time He told her as well.

A few months ago, I felt like I was supposed to ask Katherine when she had some time off work so I could go for a visit but I never got around to it.  Instead I received a text from her that said: “I know this is rather random but I feel like I am supposed to tell you I have three days off in May.”

We worry so much about tossing out fleece and giving God suggestions that we forget He can open doors, without us lifting a finger, for those who keep His Word and do not deny His name.

Revelation 3:7–8: “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: ‘The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens. “‘I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.”

Years ago, I bought a very expensive blouse at the urging of a friend.  It looked great and I wanted to buy it, but on my own I would never have spent that much on a blouse.  After I wore it, I checked the washing instructions and found it was dry clean only.  Dry cleaning is expensive and I wouldn’t have bought it had I known, so it hangs in my closet unworn.

I think that’s what a lot of people have done with God.  They “bought” Salvation without anyone explaining to them the fine print.  When God revealed the true cost of discipleship they decided to hang Him in the closet and only put Him on for special occasions and when it is time to die.

Salvation is not something we can leave hanging in the closet.  God expects us to wear it 24/7. 

1 Peter 1:14–16 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

I love you Zebras, I am off for what I know is a God ordained time of rest and prayer for and with my daughter.  If it is God’s plan I’ll be back in a couple of weeks.  If not this was a good message to end on.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment