Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Good morning Zebras,
I am always praying and asking God what it is I should write.  As soon as one post goes up I start praying about the next.  It is the same way that I used to do the lessons for the girls in Awana.  As soon as club was over I would start praying about the next week’s lesson with eyes open to see what God wanted me to teach them.

Yesterday God taught me this.

I needed to get somewhere and I couldn’t be late.  Because of that there was an urgency to my movements.  I abandoned the dishes half finished, I only brushed my teeth for one minute instead of two and I skipped walking the dogs.  Getting to my appointment was the most important thing.

In my rush, I grabbed the can of dry shampoo instead of hairspray.  As soon as I squirted it I knew I had the wrong one, but the cans look so familiar they are easy to confuse. And I thought, “I need to throw that can of dry shampoo away it only causes me grief.”

That is when I knew what I was supposed say: God’s people have lost their sense of urgency. They think they have all the time in the world to get to know God, reach others with the Gospel and get their lives right before Him.  So, they put off till tomorrow what they should be doing now.

And they have so many incorrect thoughts in their brains, psychology, new age, etc., that sometimes when they are reaching for a Biblical truth they grab one of them instead and it is causing them grief.  Half a truth is not truth. 
I love you Zebras, so much.  We do not have all the time in the world because no one knows the time and date of Christ’s return, it could be today.  Do not put off till tomorrow something God is telling you to do.

And we need to clean out the “drawers of our brains” and throw away every thought that cannot stand up under the light of Scripture.  Because when you are in a hurry it is easy to grab the wrong thing.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment