Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, April 7, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Recently my computer decided to start displaying the wrong time.  I don’t know when it decided to do that, but I know when I finally noticed.

I was sitting doing my quiet time, glanced at the time on the computer, thought I was late, jumped up and ran for the shower.  On my way out the door, I noticed that clock in the kitchen had a different time.  I wasn’t late I was an hour early!

I really couldn’t believe it, computers, when they’re working, are so trustworthy!  Well, usually. 

Which felt like the perfect intro into the third lesson from Daniel 1:5b. 

The reason it is important we respect the leadership of our church is because we are called to obey them.

Hebrews 13:7–12 Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith…Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Allowing poor leadership to run the church does not honor God and it sets people up to sin because Spirit-led people find it difficult to obey people who are led by the flesh.  Of course, the opposite is also true, worldly, lukewarm Christians find it difficult to follow a Spirit-filled leader. But either way, once a person is in leadership going around complaining about them isn’t okay-it is sin.

Maybe it would be better to leave a position vacant rather than fill it with a “warm body.”  If God wants the work done, He’ll bring the “right man” and if He doesn’t then we probably shouldn’t be doing it anyway.

1 Corinthians 3:11–15 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.  If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work.  If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward.  If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

Revelation 3:1–2 “I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God.”

We don’t need more events or ministries we need more power in the ones that we do. (That was part of the message from yesterday’s video.)

I love you Zebras, it is okay to do less and pray more, because as Oswald pointed out, “intercessory prayer is the only ministry that has no pitfalls.”

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment