Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday some of you might have noticed I pulled down the post and changed the picture.
I had no strong feelings about which picture to use, either a cute clipart or something real. So, I sent Gary a text but I didn’t wait for his response. I put the post up with the cute photo.  When he replied “real” I had to pull down the post and change it.

And the lessons continue.

First, if I had a strong leading on the photo I wouldn’t have asked Gary, I would have done what I felt God was telling me to do. But I didn’t so I asked to see if Gary did since the story was about him. God gives us other godly people to help us.  Pass

Second, once I asked I should have waited for his reply. Gray and I are partners.  If was silly to ask and then not wait.  Patience is a virtue.  Fail

And third, when I got the reply I requested I needed to honor Gary by following his leading and use the photo he suggested.  Pass 

Although this an example using something that doesn’t really matter, I can’t stress enough how important it is to have someone in your life who loves you, loves God, knows His Word and is willing to speak truth into your life. And how vital it is to your walk that you listen.

James 5:19–20 My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

If you ask the advice of a godly person, you should be ready to listen to their answer. Hopefully the reason you asked them was because you needed advice and you respected their opinion.  

There is nothing more dangerous than going around asking until you get the answer you want. Eventually you will get it, even if it is wrong.  And I have found a story often repeated seems to mutate into complaining or gossip.  In that case, you may be the one causing someone to sin. 

I love you Zebras, so much, please do not consistently shake off godly council, or ask for advice when you really don’t want it.  Iron sharpening iron is God’s gift to His people.  Our responsibility is not to abuse it.     

Love,
Jill

P.S.   The person who gave Gary the wrong advice felt really bad that he got towed, but not bad enough to pay the $400.  When you give people the wrong advice they may suffer.  Perhaps that is why the Bible says teachers will be judged more strictly.  If you are teaching, even one person, make sure you know what you are saying is true.


James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment