Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, April 14, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I love you so and I believe without a shadow of a doubt that God can use anything to teach us if our eyes are focused on Him.

Almost a year ago God sent me off to yoga.  My first reaction was much like Ezekiel’s’ when God told him to eat unclean food.

Ezekiel 4:14 Then I said, “Not so, Sovereign Lord! I have never defiled myself. From my youth until now I have never eaten anything found dead or torn by wild animals. No unclean meat has ever entered my mouth.”

But in my case God did not relent.  He reassured me that He was more than able to protect me from their false gods and sent me on my way.

The first thing I noticed was that people enter yoga studios with a sort of reverence.  They are coming with an expectation to receive something spiritual and they act according.  (I wasn’t sure I was supposed to share this because I don’t want you to focus on yoga, yoga isn’t the point, God’s people lack of reverence for God is the point. It disturbed me that people entering the house of a false god were more reverent than God’s people are when they enter a church.)

So, I waited and prayed. God confirmed yesterday it by leading me to this. 

Tozer from his book “What Ever happened to Worship”                                                   

“Do you quietly bow your head in reverence when you step into the average gospel church?
I’m not surprised if your answer is “No.”
There is grief in my sprit when I go into the average church, for we have become a generation rapidly losing all sense of divine sacredness in our worship.  Many whom we have raised in our churches no longer think in terms of reverence-which seems to indicate they doubt that God’s Presence is there.
In too many of our churches, you can detect the attitude that anything goes.  It is my assessment that losing the awareness of God in our midst is a loss too terrible ever to be appraised.”

Amen. Without the sense of the divine presence of God in the church, God’s people have lost the most important part of gathering together.  And the really sad part is we have been doing it this way so long, we don’t even know what we are missing.  

Acts 2:42–47 (The Fellowship of Believers) They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.  Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles.  All the believers were together and had everything in common.  Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.  Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

Some people focus on the fact that no one had need, I focus on the fact that everyone was filled with awe.

Love,
Jill


Dear heavenly Father, I love you so, forgive us, we have tossed the Holy God of Israel out of our churches and let the wisdom of the world in.  We have lost so much and gained so little.  Please Lord, please open our eyes to see You as You really are and put a hunger in the hearts of Your people to love, honor and worship You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment