Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Aware of His Presence

James 1:5-6a

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt

Good morning Zebras,

With the kids gone to camp the moodles (mutt-poodles) are sleeping with Gary and me. I thought I would like it, but it is actually disturbing my sleep. They are not content to sleep at the foot of the bed like the dogs on TV. So every time I move I have to take them into consideration.

All night long I was aware of their presence.

And that’s how it should be with God. Not in a bad, big-brother-looking-over-your-shoulder-going-to-hit you-with-a-lightning-bolt-if-you-misbehave way. But in a God-is-always-with-you-watching-over-you- taking-care-of-you-guiding-you-to-make-the-right -decisions way.

Thursday’s lesson next week at camp will be about Ruth, a young Gentile woman who through a serious of correct choices ended up being in the lineage of Jesus.

I’m sure if you had asked her she would never have imagined that was her destiny, I mean she wasn’t even Jewish. But she just obeyed everyday what she was asked to do and God guided her path.

And the same is true of us.

We have no idea what God has planned for us. But He does.

Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

And although it would be nice if He told us what the plans were, He doesn’t .He just guides us daily to make the decisions that keep us going in the right direction.

God loves you little Zebras and He has plans for you-never forget that or get discouraged, just obey, trusting God for the outcome.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment