Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Compelled by Love

2 Corinthians 5:14-15

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

Good morning Zebras,

Last night at Bible study we discussed the first seven verses of Revelation chapter 2 where Jesus is talking to the church at Ephesus. They had done a lot of good things, probably more good things than most of the modern American churches and yet Jesus' judgment against them was extremely severe. He tells them: If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. Basically, if you do not repent and change I am going to take you out.

So what had they done wrong? Only one thing. They had left their first love.

This morning I woke up thinking about it.

The love of God is what the Christian faith is based upon and that is why it is so important.

Christ was so compelled by love that He lived His entire life without sin. Because one sin would have disqualified Him from what He was sent to do. One angry word, one angry thought, one slip of the tongue and we would all be lost.

Do we have that type of love?

Are we so compelled by the love of Christ that we would do anything for Him? Or maybe not do something? Do we have the mindset of Paul who writes: To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

I don't, not yet, but I want to.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment