Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Join Us On Facebook

Good morning Zebras,

I have been asked in the past to join Facebook and I have always declined. With my personality I knew it could easily become a snare.

A couple of weeks ago a Zebra sister was over and she asked me when was I going to join Facebook.

"Never" was my reply.

And then because she knows me too well, she said "You will when God asks you to." and laughed.


"God will never ask me to join Facebook." I assured her.

But He did. So I am writing to let you know that Zebras is now on Facebook.

Hopefully this will help fulfill what I believe is God's vision for Zebras: to unite all God's women in a single goal; to love, honor and serve Jesus Christ. To give them a sense of being part of something bigger than themselves and the strength and support to grow in their faith.

Sort of a watering hole for the herd.

Then because I wanted to make sure that this was God's plan and not mine I started praying. I prayed that if this s what God really wants from Zebras He would do something to confirm it. I prayed to meet a Zebra I didn't know from Iowa, someone who was encouraged by this Internet ministry.

Today at church I met a Zebra from Nebraska. I figured that was close enough.

Love,
Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment