Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, June 14, 2010

Role Models

Philippians 3:17

Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you.

Good morning Zebras,

I am getting ready to go to camp next week where I will be teaching the high school girls so that is where my energy is focused but I didn't want to you to think I have forgotten about you so I decided just to share with you what I will be sharing with the girls.

The series I will be teaching is called "Men and Women of God."

The first lesson is about, idols, role models, examples and heroes with the following goals: to see the value of studying the lives of men and women of God, to make students want to learn more about the people whose lives God approved and to evaluate their heroes by God's standards with the overall aim of inspiring students to approach Bible study with enthusiasm.

In 1992, someone calculated how a typical lifespan of 70 years is spent. Here is the estimate:
Sleep - 23 years
Work - 16 years
Television - 8 years
Eating - 6 years
Travel - 6 years
Leisure - 4.5 years
Illness - 4 years
Dressing - 2 years
Religion - 0.5 years

And this was before Facebook, Twitter and "texting."

So how exciting is Bible study and trying to live a life pleasing to God compared to all the world has to offer?

The honest answer is VERY, I just hope I can get them to see it.

Love,
Jill










No comments:

Post a Comment