Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, June 7, 2010

Not So Bad

Romans 5:6-8

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Good morning Zebras,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

I have so many things to write to you, I don't know where to start. What I really wish is that we could all get together for coffee and just chat about what God is teaching us, but since that is not possible I will have to settle for this.

As you know for the last month I have been pursuing what it means to fear the Lord because once I saw all the blessing attached to that command I wanted to get it right.

The first thing I realized was to really fear God I needed to have a better understanding of who He is. So I started just thinking about who God is and Holy came to mind.

God is, above all things Holy. The adjective holy is used to describe God's name more often in the Old Testament than all the other qualifying adjectives put together.

But why is that important?

I think it is important for a couple of reasons. First, since God is holy, there is nothing in Him that is evil. Everything about God is pure and perfect. So I can be confident that everything He does is pure and perfect.

And second when we see how holy God really is, we understand how unholy we are.

Gary, my husband, once told me that I didn't really understand how "bad" I was in God's eyes. And he was right. I mean I'm not a murder, I haven't done anything "really" wrong. I think most people would say I am basically a "good" person. But not by God's standard.

By God's standard I am so far from good I can't even get there. And that's the point.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment