Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Prayer Cover

Nehemiah 4:16

From that day on, half of my servants carried on the work while half of them held the spears, the shields, the bows and the breastplates; and the captains were behind the whole house of Judah.

Good morning Zebras,

I have one of those days ahead of me that I am sure you can relate to. Nick, my son, is ill plus he has an orthodontist appointment, Katherine, my daughter, needs her shots for her mission's trip, the car has to go into be serviced, the laundry has turned into an avalanche and the pain that I have been dealing with for the last two months is particularly bad.

It is one of those days where I really need God's strength to get through.

Gary, my husband, knows that, so as he was walking out the door to work he said that he would pray without ceasing that I would get everything done. Now I know that situation he is going into so I told him to not to forget to pray for himself.

And that is the picture of the Christian life.

At camp I taught the story of Nehemiah rebuilding the wall in Jerusalem.

God gave Nehemiah with the task of rebuilding the wall around Jerusalem so that the Jewish people, who were returning from captivity, would have a safe place to live. Obviously their enemies were not too thrilled with this plan. Nehemiah organized work parties and the rebuilding began. But their enemies started bothering them. First it was just ridicule and threats but when it became serious Nehemiah changed the work party.

He pulled half the workers off the wall and assigned them the duty of guarding those who were building. Each man still wore their own sword, but protecting the workers was the full time job of half the people.

What a beautiful picture of how the church should work.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment