Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, July 9, 2010

Seeking God

Proverbs 8:17

I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me.

Good morning Zebras,

I haven’t written for the last few days because our family is on vacation but I have thought of you every day.

Every year for the last seven years we have gone to the Oregon coast to celebrate the Fourth of July and it has become our family’s favorite vacation. Everyone likes the relaxed pace and I like having so much time to listen to God.

This year I came wondering if God would speak. I’ve had a year off work and my main focus has been to listen to God, so I was afraid He didn’t have anything left to say to me, obviously I was wrong.

Oregon is having a heat wave so the coastal area has a lot of fog. Even though we are right on the beach the fog is so thick sometimes I cannot see the ocean.

This morning was one of those times. I could hear the ocean and I knew it was there but I couldn’t see it. That is how I have been feeling about God. I can hear Him, and I know He is there but I cannot see Him at least not as clearly as I would like.

So this morning I prayed God would allow me to see Him.

And a funny thing happened. The fog cleared and God spoke.

Last year God told me that I look at myself through the values of the world, and two years ago He told me to start Zebras.

This year when I asked to see the Father, He brought this passage to mind.

John 14:6-7

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know Me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father?’ Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me?”

Sometimes I look so hard to see the Father I forget to look at the Son.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment