Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Maligning Abigail

Romans 14:4

Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Good morning Zebras,

Katherine, my daughter, has never liked the way I have portrayed her dog Abigail. In all my "moodle" stories Abigail is always the less godly dog. In fact I call them my "Mary and Martha dogs" with Joshua being Mary.

I started calling them that when I noticed that Abigail always had to stop to get a toy before greeting me at the door. Unlike Joshua who runs full tilt to see me, she has to "do her work" and grab a toy first. To me it seemed like the perfect picture of the two famous sisters, one who only wanted to sit at the feet of Jesus, the other who missed the blessing because she was too busy working.

But this week Katherine finally convinced me I have been wrong.

Abigail is not Martha, she is also Mary, just from a different story.

Mary, who is famous for sitting at the feet of Jesus, is the same woman who anointed Jesus with perfume....a dinner was given in Jesus' honor. Martha served...then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume, poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And although the disciples complained about the "waste" of the perfume Jesus was pleased with her actions and said: "I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."

Just like me, the disciples misunderstood her actions. Abigail is not bringing me her toy to earn my love, she is bringing me the only thing she has of value to show her love. BIG difference.

It is not our job to judge the motives and actions of another person, that is God's job. Our job is to make sure our walk is blameless before the Lord. Because Jeremiah 17:10 says:"I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment