Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Little Differences

Matthew 28:20b

I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday I was praying for my son Nick who was on the way home from his mission trip. I was praying because he was riding home in a van with nine other people from Arizona and I knew they were all tired and the ride could easily become unpleasant so I prayed "Dear Lord, please be with them on their ride home."

Immediately God corrected me.

"Jill," He said, "I am ALWAYS with Nick, that's not the correct prayer. The correct prayer would be: Dear Lord, Please let Nick and the others on the mission trip be aware of Your presence and draw upon Your strength to be kind and loving with one another even though they are tired."

Now I know God knew what I was asking and I don't think He corrected me because I was "wrong" I think He corrected me because I have been praying to see Him more clearly and to know and understand Him more. To see Him for who He truly is.

People always pray for God to be with them, but it's unnecessary. God is omnipresent, He is everywhere all the time. The last thing Jesus said to His disciples after He gave them The Great Commission, to go and make disciples of all men, was the reassurance that He would be with them always.

Isn't that comforting? It is to me.

Dear Lord,

Thank you that You are with me as I write this and also with my Zebra sisters when they read it.

Thank you that You are everywhere all the time. Because of that we know there is nothing that happens to us that You do not know about or allow.

Dear Lord, please help us to be as aware of You as You are of us, to be constantly strengthened by Your presence as You walk with us through every second of the day.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment