Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

God's Lap

1 John 1:5-7

This is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Good morning Zebras,

For the past few days I have been taking care of someone as they recover from knee surgery. To do this I had to relocate to their house because they cannot be alone.

The other day Gary, my husband, came over to relieve me and let me go home to take a shower and see my "moodles." Of course the shower was the second priority in my mind, I couldn't wait to see Joshua and Abigail.

When I got home they greeted me with wiggly bodies, wagging stumps and happy squeaks.

Since I had a little extra time, I grabbed a book, hopped up in a chair and invited them to join me. They settled down on my lap and we were having a wonderful time until Joshua decided to sniff a part of Abigail that she didn't want sniffed and a fight ensued.

I was so disappointed, their "sin" was ruining our time together. Just like our sin ruins our time with God.

God is Holy and He cannot fellowship with sin. That's why at the Fall He had to throw Adam out of the garden. And us with Him.

But the completed work of Jesus Christ gave us a way back in.

1John 1: 8-9 If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Do you ever feel like God has tossed you out of His lap? Check to see if there is any unconfessed sins in your life, repent and jump back in. It's a great place to be.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment