Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Belt of Truth

Ephesians 6:11-12

Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Good morning Zebras,

Every day I become more and more convinced of the truth of this statement.


Take yesterday for example, my kids had an event they needed to go to that was an hour away. Since I am recovering from surgery and can’t drive and their father was at work they needed to drive themselves if they wanted to go.

Katherine is a good driver, but she only drives around town and I was a little nervous about her driving somewhere she didn’t know in bad weather, but I prayed about it, gave it over to God and sent them off with instructions to call when they arrived.

But they forgot. And Satan had an opportunity to cause mischief.

“God is going to test you”, he whispered, “He is going to let your children die to see if you really believe what you say.”

But that is not the way God works. God does not need to kill my children to know my heart. He already knows my heart and He knows what I believe. And killing my children to prove a point is not consistent with the character of God.

So instead of worrying I prayed. And God prompted them to call.

Satan knows my weaknesses and he will say anything and do anything to get me to doubt God. He knows my past and he knows which buttons to push to make me crazy. And he knows yours too.

Satan is a liar; in fact he is the father of lies who is constantly prowling around looking for someone to destroy. That is why it is so important that we do not walk around unprotected. God gave us armor and we need to wear it, starting with the belt of truth which holds all the other pieces in place.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment