Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, November 12, 2010

You Are Loved

1John 4:19-20

We love because he first loved us. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

Good morning Zebras,

I love you and God loves you, but not in that order.

I was praying about what to write this morning when I got a call from a precious Zebra sister. When I told her how much she meant to me she started to cry.

“Jill,” she said, “if you really knew me you wouldn’t think so highly of me.” And then she proceeded to share with me the reasons that she is not worthy of my admiration.

It broke my heart. But what made me even sadder is realizing that too many women feel this way.

Isn’t it funny that when someone we don’t know tells us they love us we think, “You can’t love me you don’t even know me.” Yet when someone we know tells us they love us we think “You wouldn’t love me if you really knew me”

Both are the wrong way to think about love.

As humans we think of love as something that can be gained and therefore lost, but that isn’t God’s view of love. God loves us because He IS love. It isn’t about us at all, it is all about Him.

I love this lady because she is my sister in Christ. A precious woman who loves the Lord and desires to live a life that is pleasing to Him. Not because of what she does. And that is why I can love Zebras I have never met. I do not love you because I know you; I love you because of God.

Have a wonderful weekend little Zebras, knowing you are loved far more than you realize not because you are a “good girl” but because you are “God’s girl.”

Love,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. thank you Jill! :) that was precious! Those were such encouraging words. I often forget the meaning of love.

    ReplyDelete