Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

God's Greatest Gift

Psalm 139:5-6

You have enclosed me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it.

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday morning I was reflecting upon my hospital stay and praying about what to write to you. When I called Janet to tell her that I was “back on the job”, I found out she had already posted a z-mail for the day. Since I was having trouble organizing my thoughts anyway, I took that as a sign from God and took one more day off.

This morning I got up and read what Janet had posted and I had to laugh, it was perfect.

Learning to “be still” is something that has changed my life.

Over the past year God has taught me that He is holy, sovereign and powerful, that He is far greater than I ever imagined Him to be and far more capable.

Not only is He worthy of my worship and admiration, He is also worthy of my obedience.

He has taught me that obedience is a privilege not a chore. He doesn’t need my feeble efforts on His behalf but He desires them and then uses them in ways far greater than I could ever imagine.

He has taught me that it is better to follow Him and seem stupid than follow the wisdom of the world and be stupid.

He has taught me that He is always with me-ALWAYS!

He has taught me that eternity is real and that this world is not my home.

And He has taught me that He loves me.

Knowing that God has “enclosed me behind and before” used to make me a little nervous. It did not offer me the comfort it did David. I did not want anyone, including God, telling me what to do. But that is because I didn’t know God.

My Bible lists the theme of Psalm 139 as: God is all-seeing, all-powerful, and everywhere present. God knows us, God is with us, and His greatest gift is to allow us to know Him.

And I couldn’t agree more.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment