Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Scary Moodles

Matthew 5:23–24 (NIV84)

“Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.

Romans 12:18 (NASB95)

“If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.”
Good morning Zebras,

About a month ago I was walking my dogs around the neighborhood.  Since it’s a quiet neighborhood with very little traffic, I let them walk off-leash part of the time.  It makes them think they are “big dogs,” (which is important when you only weigh five pounds.)

Anyway, as we were walking along we came upon a lady doing some yard work.  She had her back to us and she was engrossed in her task so she didn’t hear us coming.  This was very unfortunate because when Joshua and Abigail came up behind her and sniffed her arm she nearly had a heart attack.

She started yelling very unpleasant things and telling me to get my dogs off her property.  I tried to apologize but she was so angry she couldn’t hear me.

Ever since then I’ve kept the dogs on their leash because the lady was right and I didn’t want them scaring anyone else.  But I still felt bad about it. I really wanted another chance to apologize to the woman. I thought about knocking on her door every time I walked by her house, but I wasn’t sure how that would go over.

Finally God answered my prayer and put me out of my misery by giving me the opportunity to apologize and set things right.

Last Saturday she was out in her yard again, but this time she was facing my direction so she saw us walk up.  I stopped and apologized; I asked her to forgive me for scaring her and told her how very sorry I was that the dogs had frightened her so badly.

She forgave me-and I felt great.

But this morning was the “final healing.”  Once again I was walking my dogs and once again she was out in her yard, but this time instead of dreading talking to her, I was happy to see her.  Nothing inside of me felt convicted by her presence.

I think she was glad to see me too, because she asked the dogs names and even called us “friends.”  And once again I was reminded of the healing power of forgiveness.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment