Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, July 13, 2012

Warning Dr. Smith

Proverbs 10:19 (NASB95)

When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, But he who restrains his lips is wise.

Proverbs 10:19 (NIV84)

When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

Good morning Zebras,

This morning my Bible opened to the page that contained this verse.  The reason I noticed it is because I have it underlined and starred.  I am totally convinced talking too much is one of the fastest ways to get into trouble.

Then I went for my walk.

As I caught up with two women who were walking ahead of me, one of them turned around to see who was behind them.  She may have done it because she was curious to see who was gaining on her or she may have done it because she wanted to see who was going to hear what she was saying.

No way to know.

But I immediately thought: “If you have to look around to see who is listening, you should probably hold your tongue.”

And I realized that combined with today’s verse, holding my tongue is my warning from God for the day. So I thought I’d pass it on.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment