Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Small Sins

1 John 1:8–9 (ISV)

If we say that we do not have any sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we make it our habit to confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us those sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Good morning Zebras,

About a week ago, I stepped on a small piece of glass.  Now I’ve stepped on glass before and it has been no big deal.  A pair of tweezers and a cooperative husband and it was all good.  But this time Gary couldn’t get it out.
So I went to the Urgent Care.  As soon as they heard what the problem was they turned me away.  They said I should to go to the ER because the foot needed to be x-rayed and they didn’t have the equipment.  But that seemed WAY overkill to me, so I decided to wait and go to my doctor the next day.

He took one look, poked and prodded for a few minutes and then told me the same thing.  The foot needed to be x-rayed to find the glass and then it would have to be removed by a surgeon who had the appropriate tools.  But unfortunately this was late Friday afternoon and there were no surgeons available. I’d have to wait until Monday
Well, Monday came and went and the doctor didn’t call back.  At this point I’m figuring I can just live with the stupid thing.  I mean it is a VERY LITTLE piece of glass, how much trouble can it cause?

Once again I was wrong.
So Tuesday I called the doctor.  Unfortunately the surgeon he wanted was unavailable so he referred me to a podiatrist.  When I went to the podiatrist’s, he poked and prodded and x-rayed my foot, but he couldn’t find the glass.  So he advised me to go home and wait for a couple of weeks to see what would happen.

What happened was my foot got worse and today I am once again headed to a doctor to get this VERY SMALL piece of glass removed from my foot.
So what is God trying to teach me with all this?

Since He and I have been in a battle over a VERY SMALL sin what I think He is telling me is: small things matter and even the smallest of sins will affect my walk. Taking a “wait and see” attitude, once He has convicted me of a sin, doesn’t work.  And sins can only be forgiven by Christ who took a drastic step and therefore has the correct tools.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment