Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Be Carful

Proverbs 16:18

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

Good morning Zebras,

“Pride goeth before a fall.” One of those sayings everybody says which sound like they should be from the Bible but usually aren’t. This one, however, actually is. And yesterday I experienced firsthand the truth of that statement.

Yesterday I had a lot of trouble writing the z-mail. There were so many thoughts swirling in my head I couldn’t decide exactly what to write. I would start down one path only to change direction in the middle of the page. Every attempt was a muddled mess.

One topic that I wanted to write about was the importance of trials in our lives. How God uses trials not only to grow our faith, but to show us how much we have changed. Trials are actually just little tests and lately I have been doing pretty well.

That’s where the pride came in. I FOOLISHLY started thinking “I sort of like trials. I think I’m growing. Things that used to upset
me don’t seem to bother me anymore; I just give them over to God. Maybe I am getting the hang of this Christian thing.”

WRONG!!!

The only reason I was having a semblance of success was because I had my eyes riveted on Jesus. It had nothing to do with me; it had everything to do with Christ. And the minute I looked away I tripped.

Maybe you can relate. If so-take heart! God knew you were going to blow it before you did and He made a way for you to make it right. 1John1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Falling is normal, remaining down is not.

And since I want to be mature and complete, not lacking anything I still cautiously, with fear and humility, say that I sort of like trials. Not because they are fun, but because they are necessary. They do grow my faith by giving me a chance to depend on God and they do show my spiritual progress. But they also show me areas where I am too easily tripped up, areas that still need work. Areas where I need to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment